Angler's Press Outdoors - Youth League
A Youth League! - for grade and high schoolers!
The Angler’s Press Outdoors Youth League – presented by Gone Fishin’ Marine, is designed to provide great opportunities for youth that may have never experienced the fun of angling, and present alternatives to the electronic games and media platforms that sometimes detract our kids from seeking basic outdoor fun.
It is open to all youth, from grade school thru high-school, and there are NO ENTRY OR MEMBERSHIP FEES required to participate!
At each event over $200 in CASH will be awarded, along with "performance" bonus awards. At the end of the season, the top ten Youth League teams will be invited to the FPT Classic Championship, where they will compete – with no entry fee, for their own separate trophies, and GRAND PRIZE!
HOW TO REGISTER: For 2018 FPT (Bass events):
Bring your youth to the event, and register them as a “Youth League” team, and will receive a special Youth League wristband. Please note: that Youth League teams have the option to pay the regular FPT entry fee to participate in that day’s regular FPT event to win the regular event’s purse, cash and prizes.
If a parent or escort is required or necessary to drive the boat for the Youth League team, they are allowed to fish, and if desired, participate in the regular FPT event, but they are not allowed to assist the Youth League team in any way (landing or netting fish), nor will their fish be included in that Youth League teams limit. Please note that all teams under 18 must have written permission from parents.
At each event cash and trophies will be awarded to the top 3 teams in the amount of:
- $100 - 1st Place
- $75 - 2nd Place
- $50 - 3rd Place
In addition, "Performance bonuses will be awarded for the winning team as follows:
- Limit over 10 pounds: New Daiwa Tatula Rod/Reel
- Big fish over 3 pounds: River2Sea/Gamakatsu baits/hooks
Top ten ten teams will be invited to the FPT Classic Championship and will fish only on the final day for their own GRAND prize and inaugral Youth League trophy!
FPT Youth League Championship GRAND PRIZE: A new Sea Eagle Deluxe PF7 inflatable boat
FPT Event schedule:
- Feb 17th - New Melones
- March 24th - Don Pedro
- March 31st - Berryessa
- April 21st - Clear Lake
- May 5th - Camanche
- June 9-10th - Cal Delta (Ladds)
- Oct 6th - McClure
- Oct 20th - Oroville
For more FPT information, details, and rules click on the following link: http://anglerspress.com/images/2018-events/2018FPTRules.pdf
HOW TO REGISTER: For 2018 Nor Cal Trout Angler's Challenge (NTAC) Events:
- Bring your youth to any NTAC event (Youth division is open to youth 15 and under)
- There is no cost for youth to participate
- Youth fish as individuals...not as a team
- Youth will receive a special wrist band
- Youth may fish from the shore or from a boat
- The top 3 youth receive, trophies, ribbons, and prizes
- 7th thru 10th places receives prizes
- The top 50 youth from each event will be invited to the NorCal Trout Angler's Challenge Championship (Nov 4-5 at Collins Lake) for a chance to win the GRAND PRIZE!
NTAC event schedule:
- Feb 3rd - San Pablo Dam
- March 3rd - Pardee
- April 7th - Collins
- April 28th - Amador
- Oct 3rd - Pardee
For more NTAC event information, details and rules click on the following link: http://anglerspress.com/images/2018-events/2018NTACRules.pdf
NTAC Youth GRAND PRIZE: A new Sea Eagle Deluxe PF7 inflatable boat
HOW TO REGISTER for: The 2018 SMUD Annual Trout Derby
- Bring your youth to the SMUD Trout derby
- Date: March 17 & 18th
- Place: Rancho Seco Park
- Expected attendance: 1,000 +
- Cost: $5 per youth
- Prizes: Each day the top fiinshing youth receives a trophy and a new Kayak!
For event information, details and rules go to: smud.org/ranchoseco.com
A boat is given away each day at this event!
FPT Youth Anglers League - FPT Classic Qualifiers